Hong-Trang Nguyen(*), Martin Skitmore(*), Matthew Gray(*), Xiaoling Zhang(**), Ayokunle Olubunmi Olanipekun(*)
(*) School of Civil Engineering & Built Environment, Science and Engineering Faculty, Queensland University of Technology (QUT), Gardens Point Campus, Brisbane, 4001, Australia
(**) Department of Public Policy, Urban Research Group, City University of Hong Kong, Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China
- • Green building in Vietnam is in its infancy and the number of projects is growing slowly.
- • The development of green buildings is challenged by 41 barriers.
- • They are represented by social, economic, legislative and technical components.
- • Legislative procedures and costs are ranked among the most important barriers.
- • The government should regulate the rating systems and enhance public awareness.